What Will You Do¶
For this exercise,
- You will configure and deploy the provided Helm chart on your Rafay managed Kubernetes cluster
- The provided Helm chart comprises multiple containers in the same Kubernetes pod.
You have already provisioned or imported one or more Kubernetes clusters using the Rafay Controller
Step 1: Create and Configure Workload¶
- Login into the Rafay Console
- Click on "New Workload", provide a name
- Select "Helm" for Package Type
- Select a namespace where you would like to deploy.
Step 2: Upload Helm Chart¶
- Click to Download the example Helm chart
- Upload the Helm chart file (TGZ format) for the workload
- Ignore the Values.yaml file upload step because we will be using the default values from the Helm chart
Step 3: Place and Deploy¶
Navigate to "Placement" and select the cluster where you would like to deploy the helm chart
Step 4: Publish Workload¶
Navigate to the "Publish" and click on Publish.
Step 5: Check Workload Status¶
Once publish starts, click on "Debug"
You should see the pods for the "webserver" workload get deployed on the selected cluster. Wait for the pods to transition to "Running" state. You should see one pod become operational with "two containers" in it.
Click on "Show Events" and you should that the cluster would have pulled and deployed two images
- A "nginx:1.17" container and
- A "webapp:latest" container
Congratulations! You have successfully deployed a Helm chart with "multiple containers per pod" using the Rafay Controller to a select number of managed clusters.