1. Test Workload
What Will You Do¶
- You will create a workload using the "Workload Wizard", configure it to use Rafay's demo container image
- Your workload will leverage Rafay's managed Ingress Controller on your Kubernetes cluster
You have already provisioned or imported one or more Kubernetes clusters using the Rafay Controller
Step 1: Create Workload¶
- Sign into the Rafay Console.
- Click New Workload and provide a name.
- Select a namespace from the dropdown
- Ensure Inbound Traffic is enabled
- Click CREATE.
Step 2: Configure Ingress¶
- Select "Managed https" for the Ingress Controller
- Select "Use Rafay Domain"
Enter a unique hostname where users can access your workload. In this example, we have provided "testapp1"
In the URL Path section at the bottom of the page, enter /edgeinfo as the path.
Click on SAVE AND GO TO CONTAINERS.
NOTE: For workloads hosted on the Rafay Domain, DNS based Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) is automatically performed behind the scenes.
Step 3: Configure Containers¶
In the CONTAINERS tab,
- Click on New Container
- Provide a name for the Container.
- In the Container Image Name dropdown, select the Rafay Demo Image
- Select "v1.0" for the tag
Click ON SAVE and RETURN TO CONTAINER LIST.
Step 4: Configure Placement¶
Select the PLACEMENT tab. Choose “Specific Locations” for Type and select a few locations from the list.
Click on SAVE AND GO TO PUBLISH.
Step 5: Publish The Workload¶
In the PUBLISH tab, wait for the platform to validate your configuration. Once you see “Ready to Publish” message, click on PUBLISH.
The Rafay Controller will 1. Validate your workload's configuration, 2. Automatically generate the Kubernetes YAML 3. Sync it with all the targeted clusters. 4. Check if the workload has been successfully deployed on the clusters
Once your workload is successfully published, you should see something like the following
Step 6: Check The Workload¶
In the publish screen, click on "Debug" and you should see the status of your workload's Kubernetes pods on all targeted clusters.
Open a web browser window and navigate to the deployed workload’s URL. For example, if you configured "testapp1" as the hostname in the Ingress, navigate to https://testapp1.run.rafay-edge.net/edgeinfo.
You have successfully deployed and accessed a "Test Workload" on your Rafay managed Kubernetes clusters.