While all operations can be performed through the web based console, users can also perform operations programmatically using Open API compliant REST APIs. The Controller is designed and developed with an API First philosophy. Both the RCTL CLI Utility and the Web Console both use the REST APIs underneath the covers for all their functionality.
Access the Swagger UI¶
Authorized users with access to an Org or Partner Operations Console can access the Swagger UI for the REST APIs directly from the Console
- Login to the Console
- Click API DOCS from the controller menu bar
You will be presented with a familiar Swagger UI for the REST APIs. Ensure you generate and use API keys before you try the APIs against your Org.
The REST API is designed to be versioned. The current version is ‘v1’ and is accessible through the following URL:
These REST APIs are meant for SaaS multi-tenant, optionally white labeled KaaS partners/customers. These APIs are primarily meant for End Customer Organization (aka Org) lifecycle management actions.
- Create an Org
- Sign Up a New Org
- Get list of all Orgs
- Get a specific Org's details
- Delete Org
- Activate an Org
- Deactivate an Org
- Approve an Org
- Add user to an Org
- Generate an API key for a User in an Org
These REST APIs can be used for performing all CRUD actions on objects in a specific Organization (Org).
Authentication is the process of proving your identity to the Controller. Like the Username/Password pair used to access the Web Console, the Controller requires REST API callers authenticate using an "Access Key ID" and "Secret" for programmatic (API) access.
Security Best Practices¶
- For machine users, it is strongly recommended to use users that are only allowed programmatic access
- Once created, ensure you save the secret because it is not displayed after that.
- Securely store your secret access keys. Remember that anyone who gets access to your "access key" has the same level of access to your resources that you do.
- Access keys are not auto-generated for new user accounts. They are generated on demand by the user and are managed via the Console.
- If you have lost your secret access key, revoke it and generate a new access key.