Triggers are external events that start a pipeline job. Two types of triggers are currently supported.
- Webhooks (for Github and Github Enterprise)
- Cron Job based Repository Sync
External Git repos can be configured to send a webhook to the Controller. If the webhook payload satisfies the specified criteria, the pipeline job is started.
Configured webhook triggers are provided a friendly name, they are associated with a Git repository (Github or Gitlab) and configured to monitor for changes to a branch (i.e. revision) and specific file paths. An example is shown below.
This is essentially a "periodic repository" sync operation that is performed as per configured schedule. The sync operation notices that monitored files have been updated, it starts the pipeline job.
- Select a repository to monitor
- Specify the branch (i.e. revision) and path of files to monitor
- Specify a Cron expression
Here are examples of cron expressions:
- At every minute is "*****"
- At every 5th minute is "/5***"
- At every 15th minute is "/15***"
- At every 30th minute is "/30***"