In this exercise, you will learn how to use the controller to configure and provision an Amazon EKS Cluster with Custom Networking. You will then deploy a containerized application to the EKS cluster with the pods getting deployed to the host and pod network.
What Will You Do by Part¶
|Part||What will you do?|
|1||Configure and Provision an AWS EKS Cluster with Custom Networking|
|2||Deploy a Workload using Custom Networking|
|3||Deprovision the EKS cluster|
You can also watch a video describing this below.
- You have access to an Amazon AWS account with privileges to create an IAM Role with the default Full IAM Policy to allow provisioning of resources on your behalf as part of the EKS cluster lifecycle. Steps to create the IAM Role can be found here.
- You have installed and configured the RCTL CLI so that you can perform the tasks with automation and declarative cluster specification files.
- You have created a Cloud Credential using the ARN of the AWS IAM Role created above in the project "defaultproject".
- You have attached a secondary CIDR block from the 100.64.0.0/10 or 198.19.0.0/16 ranges to your VPC.
- You have created subnets from the secondary CIDR block.
Use the following VPC configuration as a reference to the following cluster spec.