Limited Access - This capability is enabled selectively for customers and is not available to all organizations.
A Fleet Plan on clusters refers to a strategic approach for managing and coordinating resources across multiple clusters. It involves creating a comprehensive plan to streamline operations on bunch of clusters available within one or more fleet(s), and ensure efficient utilization of cluster resources. With Fleet Plan, users can effortlessly perform a wide range of operations such as upgrades, backups, patch, and scaling across their clusters. The base roles Infra admin and Org Admin are allowed to create and run the fleet plan
Users Benefit from Fleet Plan in the following Ways:
- Cluster Management: Oversee and control multiple clusters simultaneously
- Upgrade: Simplifies the process of upgrading clusters within the fleet
- Backups: Conveniently manage and schedule backups for their clusters
- Patching: Streamlines the patch management process for clusters within the fleet
- Scaling: Easily scale their clusters up or down to accommodate changing workload demands
Did you know ?
An Org Admin/ Infra Admin can create Cluster Fleet Plans via three methods:
- Fleet plan refers to labels to target the clusters
- GitOps agent is required for executing the hooks in fleet plan when Runner type is configured as Agent in the hook configuration
- Container image is necessary for hooks (pre and post hook configuration)
UI Process Flow Diagram¶
The image below describes the typical steps that are performed in a sequence.
sequenceDiagram Note over Create Fleet Plan: Login as Org Admin/Infra Admin Create Fleet Plan->>New Operations: Add one or more Operations New Operations->>Add Pre/Post-hook Config: Pre/Post-hook checks for the operations Note over Add Pre/Post-hook Config: Optional Add Pre/Post-hook Config->>Select Labels & Projects: Select one or more projects Select Labels & Projects ->>Add Agents: Add one or more GitOps CD Agents Add Agents->>Trigger the job: Apply the operations on the targets (clusters) Note over Add Agents: Mandatory when Runner type is Agent in Hook config